WHEN: TUESDAY, FEB. 19, 2019; 6:30-8:30 PM
Join us for a panel presentation and discussion on where our community stands on developing safer schools in the aftermath of the Parkland shooting tragedy. This is an especially important discussion in light of the recently released Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission report which recommends the arming of teaching staff.
- Should any school staff be armed with guns?
- Does Florida need a statewide assault weapons ban and comprehensive background checks in order to have safer schools?
- How can students be safe in their communities as well as in their schools?
Sponsors: Protect Our Public Schools, Manasota, Sarasota Brady Campaign to
- Curt S. Lavarello, Executive Director, School Safety Advocacy Council
- Carol Rescigno, President, Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
- Carrie Seidman, Lead Columnist, Sarasota Herald-Tribune; Member of Peace4Manasota
- Lynn Hautamaki, Moms Demand Action Sarasota
- Student Representative
- Sue Maloney, Moderator, POPS Manasota and local spokesperson for Sandy Hook Promise