SARASOTA COUNTY DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Letters To The Editor
Your Values. Your Vision. Your Voice.
- Be brief and to the point. Many publications have length restrictions and may edit to shorten your letter.
- If the subject is time-sensitive, hand-deliver or send your letter electronically via email or via forms that some publications have on their website for this purpose (see links below).
- Add a title that clearly states the subject of your letter. It may be used as the headline.
- In addition to a title for the letter, you will need to provide your full name, address and phone number, and email address if you have one. Other than your name and city, this information is not published.
- If using an on-line letter-to-the-editor form (such as for the Herald Tribune), you may want to compose your letter first, then cut and paste it into the form.