Voting is a right of all Americans and the way we, as a democracy, determine the direction of our country. It is the responsibility of every voter to be prepared to vote and to educate themselves on the issues and candidates. The Sarasota County Democratic Party is ready to assist voters by providing information on candidates and issues, giving rides to the polls, and helping obtain absentee ballots. Do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance or help you with any part of the process.
All voters in Florida can check their voter status by visiting registration.election.myflorida.com at any time. You can also check the status of receiving your Vote By Mail ballot, which must be requested every two years.
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least 18 years old (17 year olds can pre-register)
- Be a legal resident of Florida
- Be a legal resident of the county
- Not claim the right to vote in another county or state
- Had voting rights restored after (a) being convicted of a felony or (b) adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting